The ESOP Association has been conducting an annual Economic Performance Survey of its Employee Stock Ownership Plan company members since 2000. In its 2019 release:
- 85% of respondents said the ESOP had a positive impact on their corporate culture.
- 63% said their ESOP affected their company’s overall productivity.
- 75% said that their employee owners are “somewhat or very involved” in managing company expenses.
- 70% said profits were up.
- 78% reported that revenue was up.
Employee owners also reported “wage increases higher than last year’s respondents, and higher than the national average of 3.1% (as reported by World at Work).”