The ESOP repurchase obligation requires ESOP companies to repurchase stock from departing and diversifying employees. Members of the National Center for Employee Ownership (NCEO) can access ESOP attorney Kevin Long’s webcast, Handling The Repurchase Obligation: Legal Issues. In this presentation he looks at the alternative approaches that can be used on repurchase obligation issues such as the:
- Timing, form, and requirements for distributions.
- Account segregation at termination.
- Changing when distribution occurs.
- Diversification requirements.
- What valuation to use, and more.
You can learn more about related ESOP distribution issues in Kevin’s earlier article ESOP Distributions Policies: How Can You Modify or Amend Them?